Flying on Nov 24? Will you "opt-out?"

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 is NATIONAL OPT-OUT DAY!

It's the day ordinary citizens stand up for their rights, stand up for liberty, and protest the federal government's desire to virtually strip us naked or submit to an "enhanced pat down" that touches people's breasts and genitals. You should never have to explain to your children, "Remember that no stranger can touch or see your private area, unless it's a government employee, then it's OK."

The goal of National Opt Out Day is to send a message to our lawmakers that we demand change. No naked body scanners, no government-approved groping. We have a right to privacy and buying a plane ticket should not mean that we're guilty until proven innocent. This day is needed because many people do not understand what they consent to when choosing to fly.

Here are the details: http://www.optoutday.com/

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wont be flying, but I support you.
    Honestly, though, I don't think there's anything we can do...its policy now. If you opt out of the scan and the pat down, they will not let you on the plane..no exceptions. We have made our government too powerful, and they are not going to give up that power.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Us Republicans aren't afriad of flying...there isn't anything wrong with loading up our guns (we will be prepared for the things to come and you won't)....Glen Beck tells the truth.....and I agree with the pat downs and scanners as I think most Republicans do. I thought Dem's were the ones with the whole "protect your privacy" speeches. Worrying about stepping on peoples toes all the time. ANYTHING to protect us and our country from the "bad guys" coming in or loading up the plane with bad things...I'm all for it. Do people not realize that we have been SO unbelieveably blessed that the U.S. hasn't had the attackes and killing like most other countries have?? Yes we had 911 but look at all the other countries out there...seriously....911 is their every day life! We are kept safe here for the most part and it is because of our security and they are only trying to make it safer. So scan me...pat me down...if it makes us safer.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Um, no. I have no issue with pat-downs because my private areas are never touched. I wouldn't fly through the one airport with the scanner anyway, but if I were I would opt out of that for a pat-down. Good luck flying if you refuse all of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope.. Obviously they are not "fondling" or "groping" people for grins and giggles. I think after everything that has happened in past events these measures SHOULD be taken to ensure the safety of every passenger on those planes.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have no problem with pat downs. My husband has to have a pat down because he has a pacemaker. We fly a lot. There has never been a problem. It has to be a same sex person who does it. Usually they use the back of their hands. And they have gloves on. There's no groping. It's not like what you see on tv when a policeman is frisking a criminal. If you feel it's done inappropriately, you can file a complaint right then and there. All the time it takes is a hassle, but whenever I think that, I remember the planes that went down, and the small inconveniences really don't match up to what might happen if our security is breached. Bring on the pat down.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• How brave of you to say such stupid things under the cover of being anonymous. Why don't you say it out in the open?? You're just mad that Glenn Beck actually knows what he's talking about and is willing to stand up about it.
    Also, have you actually researched what you're talking about before you spout off at the mouth? I've seen the training video for the enhanced pat down.. it DOES involve an agent cupping the breasts as well as using the palms to swipe over the whole body, including the inner thighs. And those body scan images are very revealing. If they get into the wrong hands, they can be easily enhanced with photo shop. Imagine the potential....
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Last night on the ews, they discussed the amunt of radiation that a person would get from the scanner and it worries me. THAT is scary. But I seriously doubt that the "pat down" will involve feeling genitals. Haha. SOrry.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The scan is deleted as soon as it has been cleared and nothing is seen as a weapon. Give me a break.....
    Find something else more important to whine about.ok? The radiation from the scan is scary.Nothing else.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't plan on flying anytime soon but I have no problem with a pat down if they think its needed.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They (the Conservatives and the party of No,the Republicans,who object to EVERYTHING) will be home in their caves, loading their guns and reading Glenn Beck's latest trashy book...they are afraid and won't fly anyway . SO this is just an excuse for them to get all heated up and irate on CM.... they won't have to deal with Airport security anyway ...
    but it was fun for her to type out: her quote: "submit to an "enhanced pat down" that touches people's breasts and genitals" ......how silly.
    ------

Bahahaha Seriously do have any idea how ignorant this makes you sound?
    First off on Nov. 24th I will be holed up in my HOUSE that my husband and I pay for. We will most likely be CLEANING our guns to get ready to go turkey hunting for Thanksgiving-we most likely won't load them until we get out hunting! And honestly who spends Thanksgiving weekend reading-even if it IS Glenn Beck. Oh and afraid? That's what my 12 gauge is for!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010