how long after conceving can i take a test

me and my fiancee conceived november 6 2010

lissie2003

Asked by lissie2003 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I am pretty sure and read it several places that you can not show up positive for a pregnancy test until 5 weeks after conception..
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think at home pregnancy tests start being accurate around 5 days before your missed period. Im almost positive thats the case. Good luck!
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 11:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It takes 12 days after conception for there to be enough hormone to be built up in your system to register on a pee stick.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Two weeks minimum. It will take a week for the egg to reach the uterus and another week to settle in and allow the placenta to start making hcg hormone. Ideally you should wait three weeks or until you miss your next cycle.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• wait.....how do you know you conceived on november 6th?? if you had unprotected sex and you were ovulating - it's not definite that you actually conceived.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• you can start testing 10dpo
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If you're really eager, you can take the first test at 10 days, but it might be disappointing for no reason and a waste of money. But in my case with my dd, I was going on vacation and wanted to know before I left so I tested about 7 days prior to my period and it came back positive!! If you test really early and get a positive result, it's actually a good sign because it means the pregnancy hormone is high! (I know because I had two miscarriages). So it doesn't hurt to test early, but if it comes back negative you can test again in a cpl of days because you could still be pregnant and the levels might not be high enough yet to detect. GL!! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010