How can I be friends with someone who is everything I'm trying to stop?

I've known her since 1st grade. She already has three kids, under five and now she's pregnant with twins. I'm going to be a sex-ed teacher and this is extremely bad to me. She can't financially take care of the three she already has. Plus her new husband has three of his own and no job. I tried to be supportive but I can't. People telling her congrats makes me sick because she thinks it's ok. I was over this friendship before she got pregnant but now I'm really done with it. Is it stupid to end a friendship over this?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• No friendships come and go. Thats just part of life.Any ways it is hard being friends with someone that morally disgusts you!
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Not at all stupid to end a friendship over. It is all about priorities and responsibilities and she just doesn't have them in order. You can tell her that you don't care to be her friend because you have alot on your plate. and that maybe she should take some time to focus also.
    If she need more clarifying tell her you just don't think having more kids should be her concern she should focus on taking care on the ones she already has.
    Mom3Elizabeth

Answer by Mom3Elizabeth at 11:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• People grow up and grow apart..keep your morals...I agree!
    cancerfighter

Answer by cancerfighter at 11:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No not at all i had the same problem..i bet you and i can both agree that some friends can actually affect your life and cause you to stress and the best thing to do sometimes is cut them off because its so hard to talk to someone and give them good advice and be supportive when all they want to do is what ever pleases them...like they say out of sight out of mind!
    ChanellesMommy

Answer by ChanellesMommy at 11:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It's not stupid but my question is why are you friends to begin with? If it's just cause you've known each other for so long, that's not a good enough reason. That's like not splitting up a your marriage to a really bad husband just because you've been married for a long time.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I personally don't understand why her having 5 kids looks bad by you as far as being a sex ed teacher. Maybe if she wasn't married and sleeping with different men, that would make it different. Even with the best b/c pregnancy is still a chance. Sounds like this is a time that she would need a friend.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I don't need to approve of someone in order to be their friend, but honestly, if someone felt that way about me, I'd rather they end the friendship....who wants to be judged rather than supported by their friends?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• She's made some really stupid decisions that I've been there for. She left her first husband and I fully supported that. It's when she continues to make stupid choices that I can't stick around. She's going to be a baby factor the rest f her life. Come on, five kids at 22 years old? She doesn't know how to keep her legs closed and not get pregnant. I don't want a person like that in my life.
    SaraP1989

Comment by SaraP1989 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2010