Holiday songs

Which songs for the Holidays are your favorites?

Funny- Mine is Grandma got run over by a reindeer. No matter how many times I hear it I laugh.

Religious or emotional- The Christians and The Pagans.

From your childhood- Up on the rooftop

Secular- Rockin around the Christmas Tree

Sung by a fictional character- Christmas don't be late~ The Chipmunks

Shaylyn318

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• I love "Baby it's cold Outside" and although I can never get throug it without crying I love "Christmas Shoes!"
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Oh I love Christmas Songs!!! My favorites are: So This is Christmas (war is over)- John Lennon, Stille Nacht, Oh Tannenbaum, Rockin around the Christmas Tree, Walkin in a Winter Wonderland, White Christmas, Silver Bells, Do you Hear What I Hear, Little Drummer Boy and Good King Wenceslas (sp??)

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have so many. I can hardly wait to bring out my Holiday CDs. I just love sooooo many:

Born of Mary - (the Supremes - old as dirt, but lovely)
    Breath of Heaven - (Melissa Manchester)
    Mary Did You Know - (Clay Akin)
    Cherry Tree Carole - (Jose Feliciano)
    Jeepers! I must have a "MARY thing"
    It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - (both: Andy Williams' & Peabo Bryson's)
    The Lord's Prayer - (Sheena Easton - I have many versions, but I love her's most)

And I just HAVE to hear my 3 Johnny Mathis, Natalie Cole, 2 Carpenters, Lorie Line (beautiful holiday piano instrumentals), Vince Guaraldi (you know, the wonderful jazz soundtrack for the Peanuts Christmas show we Have to watch every December), Barry Manilow, Josh Groban...and about 6 compilation CDs (I think Starbucks Winterludes is my fav')

Just a couple of weeks to wait...then my kids can start the complaining, because I will be WEARING THESE OUT!! :
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I like grandma got ran over by a reindeer, the 12 redneck days of Christmas is funny and the one where the dogs are barking always makes me laugh because my goofy little dog thinks they are real and he barks to. LOL
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 1:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010