Do you know where your father was the moment you were born?

Mine was playing piano at a bar, he got the call that I had arrived, passed around cigars and continued playing that night, rather than come see the miracle that was me. lol.. I know there are much worse stories out there, I'm just curious to hear them, the good.. the bad.. and the ugly..where was your father when you were born?

chocolatluver

Asked by chocolatluver at 11:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my dad was right next to my mom
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My biodad (who is in and out of prison and a druggy dead beat, and who we haven't' seen since I was 2) was outside throwing a fit, beating on the wall, because the doctor was "looking" at my mom....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The waiting room. Fathers weren't allowed in back then. In fact for my first baby, fathers were still not allowed in.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• In the waiting room because men weren't allowed in the delivery room.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My mother didn't have insurance so she was sent to the state teaching hospital to give birth. She had a prior history of going into early labor so she was went at 32 weeks. I was born at 36 weeks and he was at home with my older siblings. Well they were probably with my grandma and he was likely out getting drunk. They divorced when I was 4 because of his addiction to drugs and alcohol.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My mother left my father when she was 4 months pregnant. I was born about 11:50 pm on the day of HIS 21st birthday. He was getting ready to go out to the bar with friends for his first night of legally drinking. She called him in the morning and told him happy birthday and I guess he came to see me later that day when he sobered up.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• In the bar getting drunk. I believe his exact words were,"why do I have to be there?" in regards to why he wasn't at the hospital

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i don't know
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• no clue...
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• In the delivery room with my mom.
    Anonymous