Empath?

I know this will be in controversy with some. Please dont post to bash me. Its just a question.

Has any one heard of being an empath? You can feel another emotions, hurts, or any other things from another person?

JuneBug1985

Asked by JuneBug1985 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I've heard of empathy, but that's the only part of the word I've had experience with.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yep. Heard it, experience it sometimes.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have heard of it. I also know that it also is a form of personality disorder in some extreme cases. I'm not sure what it is called. Most healthy people have empathy and some more than others. There are those that it causes such emotional distress they can not fuction and disrupts their lives.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 11:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was just cuious because my mom and I have been told all our lives by MANY different people that its possible that we are both Empaths. I am extremely emotional in some cases. When there is a lot of activity going on. Growing up whenever everyone was getting excited about going somewhere (like the zoo) I would get physically sick for days before. THe day of the zoo trip or whatever I was fine. I think it was a combination of all the excitment and emotions.
    JuneBug1985

Comment by JuneBug1985 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Wow I am glad I am not like that. I have a hard enough time dealing with my own crap.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i neva heard of it b4
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Judy Orloff has a great book about her life as an M.D. and an empath, so does Mona Lisz Shultz.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I saw it on Charmed! lol I don't deny that anything exists, so to me, anything is possible.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010