Does your 2 year old know the alphabet already?

Mine is 28 months and sings the alphabet and can count to 14 in 2 languages, speaks great in both languages also, does not know all the shapes and colors though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mostly
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My daughter is 2 and will be 3 on 11/17..she know her alphabet and can count up to 14 as well, I think that is a perfect age..My daughter cant speak spanish that well but she can speak what Dora tell her. My niece and nephew can count in spanish. My niece is 3 and nephew is 4.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes. He's known it for a while. He can count to 12, but only in English lol. He knows a few very basic shapes and a few colors although he still sometimes mixes them up.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope. My son thinks they are all E's and O's LOL He can sing the alphabet though, but he don't know his letters. He counts to 10. He only knows circles. And only a few colors.
    But he can name most instruments (like violin, drums, horn, flute, piano...*DH's a music teacher LOL*)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My oldest could point to all the letters, but had stopped talking at that point so he couldn't say them. He could put them in order but couldn't do it verbally. My youngest is 3 and can do the song... But at 2 they both knew their colors and shapes and numbers - but again, my oldest couldn't do it verbally because of some "special needs."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Mine will be 2 tomorrow. He knows the ABC song, and knows all of his letters by sight (upper and lower case), he also can count to 12 and knows his numbers by sight. He knows all of his shapes (circle, square, triangle, diamond, octagon, rectangle, pentagon, and trapezoid), and most of his colors (green, blue,red, pink, yellow, and orange). He knows some Spanish, simply from picking it up from his older siblings who have Spanish in school and I speak Spanish to them (I'm not Latina, but I worked in a restaurant where most of the cooks spoke spanish so i picked it up quickly)

Answer by missanc at 12:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• That's nice, keep the hard work especially if you are teaching him/her both languages. At one point he/she might sound confused between both languages but he/she will figure out. Good job!!!!
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• He knows the alphabet (and most of the letter sounds) and he likes to sing the ABC song. He counts from 1-10 in English well and loves to count stuff, some numbers between 11-15 (but sometimes he skips one). He knows some Spanish numbers too, and he tries to count in Spanish but occasionally skips a number. He knows many of the colors, but gets a few mixed up, especially if they're similar. Sometimes he'll say something is purple if it's really dark blue and stuff like that. He knows several shapes, and even knows rhombus--for some reason, that cracks people up that he knows that word.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My DS knew all his letters, sounds, (by sight and verbal), colors, shapes, full sentences and could count to 20 in English and 10 in Spanish by his 2nd birthday. I believe allot has to do with reading often from the start.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My daughter is the same way. She knows her ABC's, numbers 1-20 in English and Spanish, all the "normal" shapes (Lol), like six different songs, how to ride a tricycle (took one day), how to dress herself, fully potty trained (since like 16 months), and is ALREADY memorizing books (pre-reading skill)! I'M RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO TEACH HER! She is wanting to now learn how to read and tie her shoes. I'm like...........okay??? She already does outdoor stuff, like she know how to swim, play soccer (no rules), play t-ball (no rules), play golf (yet again, no rules). And then of course, she does stuff inside like doing laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, and helping cook. But she learns soooooooo quickly! After a few days of teaching her one thing, the little sponge is on to the next thing! She figures it out then gets BORED. BORED=bad behavior. NOW WHAT?
    brilynnsmommy

Answer by brilynnsmommy at 3:42 PM on May. 7, 2013