How badly do you think the name allegra would get teased

rockabell.2009

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Baby Names

• I think it's a nice name and wouldn't worry about what others think, nor would I be swayed by those who say that Mercedes or Portia are "named after a car"

I wouldn't let the lowest common denominator determine what I name my kid. someone on a baby name website once argued me that Violet is a trendy, new age hippie name.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The first two things that popped in my head was the allergy medicine and then it was the mispelled word algebra
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• That used to be an allergy medicine.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I honestly think it's a silly name. I mean, if kid's don't tease the child because of their name, they'll find something else to tease them about. But I do automatically think of allergies or the name of an allergy medicine when seeing the name.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yeah she might be teased but you just have to tell you daughter that it doesnt matter what people think of your name it is beautifull & if you like it that is all that matters
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My guess? Pretty badly. Don't do it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• thanks for your opinions everyone. In my opinino i find it kinda silly. lots of names are names of other things, charlotte is a city, marina is a place where you keep boats, brandy is a kind of liquor, alexia is a disease of the eye, cecilia means blind. I dunno i respect everyones opinion but personally i think the name sounds pretty and obviously it was a name before a medication company used it lol
    rockabell.2009

Comment by rockabell.2009 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think of allergies when I see that name. I don't know if kids would put that together though...especially since I don't think they even make that medication anymore. Plus, so many kids have unique names now that I don't think it really matters that much anymore.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• idk
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• bad...unless you told people it was ali
    mclib

Answer by mclib at 10:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010