Are you decorating for Thanksgiving?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• No. I decorate for Halloween - that's it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No, I did halloween. After that I do christmas. Who has the time for thanksgiving too?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yep, always. Got the wreaths on the doors already.

I found some pretty gold ramekins at World Market yesterday. (I can save the green ones for Christmas now.) They will be perfect with sprigs of silver dollar eucalyptus and juniper in them. It only takes a few minutes to prepare these with autumn colored glass votives (got sets of 6 at the dollar store 2 years ago) on the tables and mantle. The little votive holders are fluted, so when lit, they have the prettiest littles rays of colored lite on the table around them. I use the red, gold and green ones for Christmas too.

Come on...it's easy, and makes the day just a little more special. Do It!!! :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The only decorations I put up for Thanks giving is some little things my daughter made for me. She made a turkey and wreath using cut outs of her hand. They are really cute.
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 1:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I put up Fall decorations on Sept 1 and add Halloween to that on Oct 1. On Nov 1 the Halloween stuff comes down but the fall stays up for Thanksgiving. On Black Friday all of the Fall comes down and Christmas goes up.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yes and no.. we don't go all out, but I am working with my DD on some crafts to keep us busy and keep her learning (she's almost 3), so that's mostly what our decorations for this holiday will consist of. Other than that, it's just the basic dishes and silverware that's set out for thanksgiving and a center peice that our uncle sends for the holidays because he lives overseas.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Not for Thanksgiving, but I put out all my Christmas decorations up in the house the week of Thanksgiving so it's nice and festive. Everything but the tree, that's the first week of December :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2010