Stomach Flu???

Is this the stomach flu or maybe something she ate?? My 7 year old came down with something last night. She wasn't acting herself for about an hour then all of a sudden she threw up and was fine. She threw up about an hour and a half after that, then went to sleep. She woke up this morning and was fine. I have a 3 month old at home as well, and I don't want her to catch it if it was in fact the stomach bug.. I just want to know if I have to look forward to my LO getting sick and I really don't know how to deal with a 3 month old with the stomach flu..

Momma72923

Asked by Momma72923 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would guess it was something she ate. Usually a stomach virus will last for at least 24 hours. If she gets sick again today, then it's probably a bug.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We've had a bug going around our preschool that runs anywhere from 1 vomit to 24 hours. I'd guess she picked up a bug in school. Just keep her away from the baby, and if you're breastfeeding, that alone is the best thing for keeping baby healthy.
    Anonymous