• In the Spotlight:

Need diaper bag recommendations

I'm having a baby in May and my other daughter will be only a year and 8 months. Right now I have a JJ Cole Tote bag that I love, but I want to look for something a little bigger. Any recommendations? Preferrably ones I can find as well. Also, I used mine all the time instead of a purse, so it doesn't bother me to carry it around.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used a Gap messenger bag with a lot of interior pockets.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Try TJ Maxx or Marshalls they have some great purses that can double as a diaper bag or try SKIP HOP or Diaper Dude they both make fun messenger style diaper bags.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• a messenger bag is great i had a 17 month old and a new born, the baby had to wear a heart monitor for the first ten months so the messenger bag was perfect
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 12:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have a black Eddie Bauer diaper bag for when I'm leaving my kids somewhere - at grandparents house or church, but for just running around I have a tote bag from Target. My older toddler will be 2 tomorrow and he doesn't need much anymore - we got him a mini backpack (actually made to be an insulated lunch bag) that hold 2-3 diapers, wipes, a small snack and a sippy cup. And it looks really cute on him!

Answer by missanc at 12:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was actually going to suggest JJ Cole, but then read the rest of your question. lol. I have a 2.5 yr old and 1 yr old and have used my JJCole bag for both. Sometimes I could have used a bigger bag, but I made it work. I love it too! The best part was the matching diaper changing pad- absolutely adorable. Good luck! :)
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't know if they still have them, but when my first was born 7 years ago, I bought a "HUGE" diaper bag at Old Navy.. It was like the size of a beach bag. It was so nice. I wish I never got rid of it, because I could sure use it now..lol I've found that a Vera Bradley tote works just as good though.
    Momma72923

Answer by Momma72923 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was going to say Vera Bradley. They are big and cute to carry with you since you will use it as a purse as well.
    brycesmom16

Answer by brycesmom16 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Keep checking babyhalfoff.com they have some great diaper bags that would be perfect for you from time to time. Special compartments and all that.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Kalencom has some big bags that are stylish and affordable. I have the Weekender bag from them and it fits everything I need for my 19 month old and my 4 month old, plus space for my things too. Go to their website and click on the infant accessory division. The diaper bag section will come up. The Weekender bag is great, comes in a bunch of different colors, is lightweight but sturdy and easy to keep clean.
    Good luck!
    http://www.kalencom.com
    ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It's not a diaper bag per say...but I just bought a Sonia kashuk bag from target...it's a "duffle bag", a very small one at that....it's very big on the inside, but doesn't have places to hold things, other than two little travel case things...I plan on using it for both my kids when #2 is born in June...my dd will be 3 then, but I still like to have extras for her as a just in case...umm with my dd now, I bought a carter's bag from toys r us, it's black and has very lite circles on it, and is green and black (or black and pink depending on which one you buy) for 40 bucks, that was big. The one that I just bought was the same price..I've also used bags from jewelry galore (I'm not sure if they have then where you live but it's a dollar jewelry store that also carries purses and other accessories) that have worked for 25 bucks...good luck in your search!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2010