my daughters hair...

its falling out all over if i put her jacket on her the hood will have hair in it after i take it off her bed is covered in hair when she wakes up in the morning, its not alot but its at least ten hairs or more, and its not just from the back its thinning everywhere

shes almost 5 months old

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 12:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's perfectly fine and normal for babies to lose hair. It will not be a permanent loss though. People in general lose an average of 10 strands of hair a day but we just don't pay attention or notice.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• This is normal. When babies are born much of the time the scalp isn't tough enough to hold the folicles in place. Some may fall out but don't fret mommy. It'll be back! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Some kids lose all their hair, then it grows back totally different than before.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sounds normal to me. My daughter lost all her dark black hair she was born with and now has a soft browinsh red hair color.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yes but she is already bald!! im worried bout her losing her hair!!!! my son had so much hair that when he was nine months old we cut it and it grew bcak rough and thick!!!! i hated it his hair was so soft and shiny like mine. im hoping marlee doesnt get her dads hair like my son. its very thick and rough and causes them to sweat alot
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Comment by Tiffany_Rivera_ (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• That's normal. My DD had sooooo much dark hair when she was born. Then it all fell out. When it finally grew back (around a year or so), it was almost white. Most babies lose their hair. Nothing to worry about! :)
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010