My son is going to be 2 on the 24th of this month he is climbing on chairs and following bad habits of my .....

4 year old little girl he has no fear which scares me to death! I can't get her to listen to me and I smack his hands and tell him no when he playes in the hot and cold water. He thinks its a game and time outs don't work for either one. They both listen to daddy but not me any advice?

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• It is tough and just requires a lot of supervision on your part. If time out doesn't work try taking things away from them or making them sit on the souch for an hour. I've found with my two year old that if time outs don'twork and he does something horrible I put him on the couch for an hour it usually helps
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• For your 4yr old, I'd recommend taking a favorite past time activity or toy away and see if she will listen then. Your 2yr old doesn't really understand that his actions are harmful yet. Redirecting him to another activity will help and seperating him from your daughter for a bit might cool things off. With both you just need to stay firm with the rules and stay consistent with the consequences you place on them. Good Luck!
    momof3_dll

Answer by momof3_dll at 12:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I was just looking for a response that someone made to answer your question. I wanted to show my friend because she was in a similiar situation as you. Seems to me that you already know the answer since you deleted it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Two of my kids have absolutely no fear and will try anything. When they were babies the would climb on and try to touch everything. Sometimes the only way to get them to stop is to let them get hurt (bumps and bruises are normal), it never stopped my kids though.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2008