When is your child's bedtime? Do they have a bedtime routine?

cocosmama30

Asked by cocosmama30 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• Both kids is 8:30 just for ease really. My daughter is 8 1/2 months, only sleeps ten hours at night, but takes good naps during the day. My SS is 7 and he gets 10 hours a night as well, but no naps. My SS takes a shower, puts on lotion and pjs, takes his allergy medicine and then brushes his teeth. My daughter gets baby food, lotion, clean diaper, pjs, then a bottle. We brush her gums and her two little teethers and then either me or DH reads to them together and off they go to bed.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• man do i wish..mine is still awake at 11 30 at night she dont sleep ...EVER!!!!!!!
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 12:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• 24 month old 8 p.m. and daughter 8:30p.m. I need quit time when the sun goes down!!!!!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• vadasmom, how old is she? That would stink because like Beccah2 I need my time.
    cocosmama30

Answer by cocosmama30 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• mines 3 she dont nap which i dont mind but she wakes up at 8 and up till like 1 in the mornign
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 12:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• wow you moms have it lucky - my son, since he was 6 I could never get him to sleep before 9:30
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 12:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• At 7 we start baths. Then brush teeth, get out clothes for tomorrow, double check book bags and get in bed. I read to the 5 and 7 year olds for about 20 - 30 minutes while the 8 year old reads her own book. Then lights out. They are usually in bed about 8:30. They don't actually fall asleep though until about 9:30 or so.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 3:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• 9pm. I have 2 boys 11 & 8 and they are in bed at 9pm. I let them talk or listen to music to 9:30, but they are usually asleep before that.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 5:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• With my older two, it was just me and them so I had a set bedtime and routine from the time they were 1 yr. Made things very easy and I actually had time for myself. The younger two ended up in our bed because I work nights and my husband wined that they were keeping him up at night. The first one left our bed when she started Kindergarden and has a set routine for school days and we slack on weekends. The youngest still sleeps with us and has no routine at all yet, we'll see when she starts Kindergarden next year.
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 5:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Both girls go to bed at 730 pm every night...no exceptions!!! I believe routine is best in our family so no one is GRUMPY in the morning. My oldest is 5 and the other is 2. It works out great for us...plus my 2 year old takes a nap everyday...also...no exceptions!!
    BayandMadsmom

Answer by BayandMadsmom at 4:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008