How do I deal with my 2 1/2 year old daughters agression towards her 1 1/2 year old brother?

My daughter is getting increasingly agressive towards her little brother. At first it was only when I would show him more attention or give him a toy but now it gone past that and it's even happening when I'm not around. I'll leave the room and she'll push him over or take his toys or I've even caught her hitting him. I don't know what to do, time outs don't help and she has a real problem saying sorry. Help please?

SilverAiss

Asked by SilverAiss at 12:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You might try a kindness chart. A friend of mine has one for her kids. They get stickers or points for doing kind things that are on the chart. Then after a week or so they get a reward of going to lunch, the park, ice cream, etc. Also, make sure she is getting enough one on one time with you and your SO. Sometimes they go for negative attention when they do not get enough positive attention. Plus praise her when she does things right.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010