Can a non-committal man change?

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I suppose when he is ready, but I wouldn't waste my life waiting.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I wish I knew!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Probably not. I know I won't change my view on commitment, why should I assume my partner would?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No! no way...(but that's just my opinion).
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Someone very wise told me a long time ago that if a man (after you've started a steady permanent dating relationship) hasn't proposed to you within two years, the chances get dimmer and dimmer every year after and most times they never will. Hope this helps.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Anyone can change, but it has to be their idea, and they have to see a need to change...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes, when he meets the right woman who makes him want to commit to only her.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yes, my bf would marry me to tomorrow if I wanted but he wouldn't have even thought about it 3 or 4 years ago.

kirstensmommie

Answer by kirstensmommie at 11:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I've been married to a non-committal man for the last 22 years. After his first marriage ended, when he caught his wife in bed with their neighbor, he said he swore he'd never give his heart away again, or get married. And, for 10 years, he didn't. He said everytime he'd feel himself getting close, he'd drop the woman. But, 22 years ago, he and I met. He is 11 years older than me, and I was a 23 year old, with 2 little ones, and had just gotten separated from my 1st husband, and the last thing I was looking for was a relationship. But, after him not committing to anyone for 10 years, we had our 1st date on July 23, my divorce was final on October 11, and we got married on December 5th, and I have never once doubted his fidelity to me, I know I can trust him 100%, and he and I are happier and more in love today than we were then. When it's right, you know it.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010