Does Your S/O Help at all With the Thanksgiving Meal?

At our house for the past few years, it's more like I help him. He LOVES to cook and after 30 years or so, he said if I buy it, he'll cook it. I'm no fool, so I buy it, I'll even clean up, I have a dish washer, that's OK with me too. I, after so many years sorry to say, just HATE TO COOK ! Last night he asked me to make dinner, he said, "You can do anything you want." I said " I don't want anything." WOW how bad is that? :)

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm with you, I HATE cooking. Thankfully, my fiance was a chef before he went back to school, so he loves it. He does ALL the cooking in our house. Every now and then I'll have a craving for something my dad used to make for me, and I'll make that myself, but that's once in a blue moon, for sure.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Lol, No my husband is not a cook at all! But he helps by keeping the kids out of the kitchen and out of my way.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes. My husband doesn't usually (outside of Thanksgiving) do a lot of cooking, but he makes THE BEST turkey, dressing and sour cream gravy! We usually have 18-28 people for Thanksgiving. He orders the WillieBird, buys all the fixin' stuff, and does all the cooking and clean-up. We do a mostly pot luck dinner, so I only bake a few cakes, make the greenbean casserole, and decorate.

Hmmmm....no wonder I'm still holdin' onto him! :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes he loves to help and thank goodness he knows how to cook somewhat.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I hate to cook to and my husband knows how to cook but won't. His idea of helping with dinner would be to just go out and eat.
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 1:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• He makes the dinner and I help. But we're going to his sister's this year.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No, he's always in the woods...waiting on the BIG one...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 2:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My hubby is a Kitchen manager so he knows how to cook, but since he works in a restaurant he spects me to cook which I don't mind at all but something it can be overwhelming because I feel he knows more than me. But I always give it a try. He is in charge of the meal for Thanksgiving. He is pretty much in charge of the kitchen that day .
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I love to cook and hubby loves to eat what I cook so we are a match made in heaven. LOL We go to his mom's for Thanksgiving every year and we leave here as late as possible and there as early as possible so neither of us really spend a lot of time in the kitchen on Thanksgiving.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I LOVE to cook, but I normally let him do the turkey when we fry it. This year, he may not be here so I'm planning on doing it all myself (my kids will be helping to prepare the sides this year because they all love to cook.)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2010