Weird weird question adult content

I have a hair on my head, that is not really a hair at least I don't think. I noticed a sore spot when brushing. I felt up there and felt a hard thing almost exactally like a sliver. So I had my DD look. She said it was white and the shape of a tiny straw...what could this be? Yuck, I can't take gross stuff on my body. Should I go to the doctor?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 12:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Health

• Well, are you sure it wasn't just a gray hair? They tend to be more coarse than your "normal" hairs... If it's not that, I have no idea what it could be...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• you should go as soon as possible dont wate!!!!!
    christan723

Answer by christan723 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't think it could be anything to awfully bad. Have your DD pull it out with tweezers.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope, not a hair at all. She said it looked like a straw, hallow inside. Perhaps part of the shaft, some hair part idk. Freaked out.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Have you ever been abducted by aliens?? Just kidding, maybe it's just a rogue grey wirey hair. But if you have a sore spot on your head, I would see a Dr.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• oooh sounds like one of those cases from "monsters inside me" where parasites and worms and stuff like that are found in peoples bodies ewwwww
    Anonymous

• LOL I think it is part of my hair..NOT a hair, but some part inside my head that doesn't normally grow out of your head. Just weird, my dd took tweezers to it and pulled it out, I am hoping it doesn't come back.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• go get it checked out...you never know what it could be....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think it is probably just a gray hair, they always feel different than your normal hair. I don't know if it is true or not but I have been told if you pull on gray hair that you will get back two in its place.
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 1:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sounds to me like an ingrown hair... probably a gray one like everyone says, because they feel like those sore zits... my husband gets them a lot... sometimes people also get them when they are shaving... but who knows why this one might have gone rouge... I agree, pull it out as far down at the base as is possible... it should go away and be fine once the offending hair is out, but if it still seriously freaks you out, go see your doctor.
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010