What would you do?

Hypothetical question..but I did hear of this happening before.
Son is in 6th grade at small rural agricultural school. Son forgets his lunch money, goes to office and asks to borrow etc. Is told to be more responsible. Offered the following solution. Go pick through trash cans in cafeteria for pop cans, school office will give a dime per can he finds in order to go towards purchas of lunch...
What do you think?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 12:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is mean!! Just give the kid some lunch money or something to eat and write a note to mom to pay back the school the next day.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• That's a terrible recommendation... I would give the kid lunch money. He would be picked on for sure if he was caught going through the garbage! At my high school if you forgot your lunch money you still got lunch and could pay it the next day or they send a bill at the end of the month.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 12:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I could not believe my ears when I heard this story. I would have called the local news! Telling a kid to pick through the trash, like he wouldn't be the joke of the school. Ugh, some people and in charge of our kids.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• that is very mean..
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010