How can I deal with a break up? He is th father of my soon to be son.

I cant stop thinking about him. I am depressed. Everything reminds me of him and our happy moments we shared together:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• He must have been a jerk to leave you before the baby was born. I think seriously about giving the baby my name and listing father as unknown but you might want child support.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have to agree, he's cruel to leave you even before the baby is born. Move on honey....hard but worth it for your baby!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Why'ld you break up? And are you sure the breakup is permanent? One of my friends baby daddy left her when she was three months prego because he was feeling overhelmed but he came back when she was 8 months prego and they've been together now for about 11 years.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Getting over a broken heart is never easy but dwelling on it while you are pregnant puts you and your baby at risk. There was a reason the 2 of you broke up so take this time to focus on the miracle you are nurturing inside of you. IDK how far along you are but as a mother to a preemie who was born early because his dad had me stressed out, I urge you to put the man out of your mind, pray and focus on bringing a healthy full term baby into the world who will love you no matter what and depend on you.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well, I wouldn't automatically assume he was a jerk, sometimes relationships just don't work out, for whatever reason. Without knowing all the details, we can't really tell. And honestly, "staying together for the kids" just guaranteed two unhappy adults and a child who knows his parents can't stand each other.... So unless he really IS a total jerk, I'd try to accept the fact that you two just weren't meant to be in a relationship, but that doesn't mean you can't be great parents to your child. For the sake of the child, I'd try to be at least civil with him. But the sad fact is, if he doesn't want to be with you, there's really nothing you can do about that.... Except let time heal your wounds. Good luck....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• why did you break up?? please try to make it work if it was only arguing and what not
    meagan517

Answer by meagan517 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010