Does anyone understand the fear of the American Flag?

13-year-old Cody Alicea rides with an American flag on the back of his bike. He says he does this to be patriotic and to honor veterans, like his own grandfather, Robert. He’s had the flag on his bike for two months but Monday, was asked told to take it down.

A school official at Denair Middle School told Cody some students had been complaining about the flag and it was no longer allowed on school property.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• And if you don't think it is fear that drives people to complain enough to result in this action, what is it?
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• That's is just wrong. Write a letter to your local newspaper. I'd even think about driving to school and park out front with my car covered in flags and dare that school official to say a word. Oh yes mention the officials name in the letter.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Honestly, I don't know what would prompt people to complain about that, but I don't see how it could be fear... I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• – collapse
    FEAR ? Bwahaha.........only in your little fearful mind. @@
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• whaaaat?? You're kidding... Who would complain about displaying the American flag in America??
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Okay, after finding some other articles about this (because of my distrust of anything coming from Fox), I did find some additional information in this article

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/11/11/Student-told-to-take-US-flag-off-bike/UPI-77081289511876/

This was the same school where they had the racial tensions during Cinco de Mayo... Puts a slightly different spin on things, in my opinon. Now, I'm not saying he was trying to create racial tension, but I can see how it could be construed like that, and that the school acted with the best interest of all students in mind....

Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• FEAR ? Bwahaha.........only in your little fearful mind. @@

Ohhh so you complain about "mean girls" then give yourself a free pass to behave in this manner..  LOL, thanks for your answer that points in the directions of you looking like a fool... Now go and change your profile to something else and "re-create" yourself... It's so much fun playing where's kerp-ie-lu, today...

And to stick to the OP~If it isn't fear, do see see a reason for the complaints?

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• People complain about lots of things because they CAN- lots of malcontents. I doubt it has anything to do with fear. I could understand if the flag were being denigrated, but from the video (if it's accurate), that does not appear to be the case. My way or the highway thinking will be the death of this country- Power grabs.................

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• All the things going on in this world today. Then people have to complain about something like this.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010