Seeing the downfalls of my doctor at 21 weeks along

My Dr. is starting to really irritate the crap out of me! He seemed great at first and I love all the nurses and midwives that work aside him. But the past 2 appointments have been really disappointing. Seems like every question I have for him gets blown off. "Oh it's fine.." "Don't worry about it" "Perfectly normal".. usually this stuff comes out of his mouth before i'm done speaking! If I hadn't been SO persistent and pushy with him he would have never looked at the lump in my groin that turned out to be an inguinal hernia that is now KILLING me. What would you ladies do? I am 21 weeks along with twins and the thought of switching doctors at this point is laughable. I already know what I HAVE to do.. suck it up, stick with him, and just continue to push for answers to my questions. Just wondering what YOU would do or have done in the past in this situation.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would find a new doctor, absolutely!! It sounds like he doesn't want to take the time to explain things to you and just wants to get to the next appt. Don't think you have to stay with him, i hate that you're not getting the best care and experience just bc of a lazy and careless doctor!
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 3:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• why do you feel like you have to stick with him? If you love the midwives he works with, could you work with one of them instead or do you have to see a doctor? I'd definitely be finding someone else to see. You're only about half way through your pregnancy, it's important that you feel comfortable with your OB!
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• ummm i would be finding a new dr ASAP
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 1:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• He sounds overworked. Why can't you switch? You are placing your life & the life of your babies in his hands. You have plenty of time to go in your Pregnancy, I would switch to a practice with multiple Doctors in the same group.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Definately what tatym said find a new dr asap your only halfway so you have time to switch. It's very important to have a doctor who cares and listens. A woman knows her own body better than anyone else does so if something concerns you you need a good doctor. My oldest daughter could have died at birth if I didn't keep saying "Hey I know she has not turned since my 7 month ultrasound she's still breach" After 10 hours of labor they finally brought in a portable US machine to find that I was right she was still frank breach with her face between her feet literally about to come out butt first, Thank god someone finally listened and I had a c-section.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well you may be right that I dont HAVE to stick with him.. but with my son I had some insurance issues and was unable to be seen until I was 17 weeks along.. I called several doctor's offices that would not even have me because of how late in my pregnancy I was. I am very limited on my options in this small crappy town we are in (we are military). I hate feeling stuck with one doctor but it feels like I am
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'd switch doctors...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010