When to take your kids to the gym?

My local gym has a daycare in it and I want to start going more often (my in laws can only watch them for me twice a week while I go to the gym).. at what age do you think its appropriate to bring them to the gym nursery?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 1:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IMO, it depends on the child and the particular childcare set up that's offered. I don't go to the gym, but to Zumba. There is a room for kids but not always an actual person in there. It's visible and I'd take my 3 year old along with my 5 year old, but I wouldn't put her in there alone. A gym we've gone to in the past has a similar set up, a kid place but not anyone that is specifically there to watch the kids, just who ever happens to be watching the front desk. Ok for my older ones, not the little one. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I've been taking my youngest since he was about 8 months old. I've seen newborns in there as well.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I still havent taken my daughter and she is 17 months. It depends on your gym. Next time you go, check out the daycare take note of the age of the children in there are they older or younger than your child. Is there a seperate play area for the babies? Are there older kids running all over the place? Whats the general mood of the children there... How does your baby do with strangers? And if you think your child would be a good fit there then take your child.....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I haven't done it yet, but my gym has a policy that they will not take infants younger than 3 months. They have a seperate room for infants away from the bigger kids.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• When they can walk and run well. =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010