why?

my 4 day old baby acts like she isnt getting enough to eat but she spits it up when we feed her...

she wont sleep that much or anything...what could it be and what can i do to fix it..

im worried bout her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it could be reflux. some babies have it so bad that they can't swallow when they're eating. talk to the ped.!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I totally second reflux. It leads to a lot of pain when babies are laying down so they won't sleep. My son used to vomit about five times a day before he was put on meds. Does she arch her back a lot? That shows that she has reflux pain. Talk to your pediatrician about it. I hope she is feeling better!
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 1:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• So I have a couple suggestions #1 My second baby is lactose intolerant I had to quit breast feeding because she pooped every 20 minutes if not more and she spit up all the time. I put her on formula that stopped the the pooping but not the vomiting. I had to put her on soy. #2 If your breast feeding it could have been some thing that you ate that is upsetting her belly. i had to put my first daughter across my knees and pat her back to get her to calm down. #3 If you think she has ate enough and she is still acting hungry try a pacifier. Or the like the lady above me said it could be reflux. Sorry its so long
    proudmom1626

Answer by proudmom1626 at 1:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You might just need to burp her more in the middle of feedings. I hope it's something simple like that for your sake!
    wondermeg

Answer by wondermeg at 2:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• my daughgters had 2 b switched 2 soy...then 2 gentileease by enfamil! both covered by wic!
    mommyof3101

Answer by mommyof3101 at 8:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Breastfeed! You are far from too far out not to try. If baby is acting this way it will only get worse before it gets better (if ever). You have all the power in the world to make it better, breastfeed. I will never understand how anyone could stare at that precious being and know that their extreme discomfort could easily be fixed yet they continue to deny baby. Put baby first and fix her problem, only YOU have that ability. Breastfeeding challanges can be overcomed, baby's tummy problems can have lifelong effects. Fix the problem and breastfeed!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• wow anon - breastfeeding is not the only choice and she asked for advice, not a lecture on how breast is best.
    Anonymous

• Whats with the breastfeeding-crazys on here, its really none of your business how she chooses to feed her baby!!!!!

Try giving her less formula more often. If she has smaller feedings she may be able to keep them down.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Anon~ Breastmilk is the advice. Breastmilk will cure the ill stomach.

LovinMyMikayla~ It may be absolutely no one's business how one chooses to feed their baby but when advice is needed due to the choice then it is made another's business. The person asked for advice on what will help my baby? Guess what will work everytime when it comes to formula problems? ..... breastmilk. One can continue to deny that their 'choice' matters but when you stare at an infant screaming in pain it does matter to that poor helpless baby. Your 'choice' has a profound effect on your child like it or not.

Anonymous