Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps


ok girls i have a question...I am married have been for 3yrs.We had a son together whom passed here is the kicker my husband has been abusive to me never makes me feel loved an i stay anyways because i love him... well recently i have been going to my brothers house and his wifes house alot and their neighbor who is extremely good looking told me lastnight that he has liked me since the first time he say me he is my brothers best friend and i like him back he said he would never hurt me or anything he is laid back and he seems perfect...but i dont know what to do because he said he deff wants me but cannot right now be with me because his baby momma she put some other guy on the birth certificate and he is trying to stay on his good side until he gets enough money to be put on his birth certificate well i will have to wait awhile and so will he because i have to get a divorce first ...what do i do should i jump

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (13)
  • You need to start talking to a divorce attorney and he needs to file for a paternity test.

    Answer by 405mom at 2:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • A.) If your husband is being abusive you right you shouldn't stay with him without or without Romeo.

    B.) This new guys seems nice and all but the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • Uhhh, no. This neighbor doesn't seem to be in ANY position to start a new relationship, and frankly, neither are you. If you are unhappy with your husband, you either try to fix things, or you leave. But until YOU are free to start a new relationship, don't. And DEFINITELY don't start something with a man who isn't free himself.

    Answer by Anouck at 2:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • yeah if you feel the right to divorce him then by all means to what is right for you yeah i would give that guy a chance he seems like a nice guy i would go for it but just take it slow day by day dont rush into anything unless you feel is the right thing to do

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • Seems like he's got a lot in the way to leave FOR him. However, I would think if you're being abused by your husband, you would want to get away from that. If you talk to him and he won't get help or won't stop the abuse, then just go for YOURSELF. Best wishes.

    Answer by rio_burb at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • I agree with Anouck. After any long term abusive relationship and loosing a child, you need to start taking care of you and only you. You need to take time to be on your own, live on your own, work for yourself, basically find yourself. You need to know who YOU are before you get into any other relationship. Because YOU shouldn't be defined by a relationship with any other man. I am married and was married to an abusive guy the first time around. And believe me, the 3 years between the 2 men when I was single and only living for me, it was the best thing I ever could have done for myself. Not to mention for my husband now. Take care of yourself and your own problems before jumping in with someone else who also has don't that drama. Not saying you 2 can't take time to get to know one another. But just be cautious.

    Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • No if your husband is being abusive you might need a trial separation and some marital counseling... The other guy sounds like he has too much DRAMA in his life. He is just trying to pull you into it!

    Answer by 35yoamom at 2:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • i think you need to get out of LaLa land because if you have an abusive husband it is going to be trouble if he finds out you are sneaking behind his back. As well I think this guy is pulling your leg, what he says doesn't make any sense. I think you are getting into a whole lot of unnecessary drama. I would concentrate on my marriage or lack thereof before I get involved with another man.

    Answer by sondaughter312 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • well for one you should consider getting out of your "abusive" marriage and take some time to reflect on your life, and what you really want. because right now the other guy looks like an escape route for you as of now. and you need to ask yourself if you really wanna put up with his baby mama drama.

    Answer by KaisMother at 3:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • Sounds like you could use some time to yourself.

    The comparison to a fairytale makes me think you're not being realistic.

    Answer by UpSheRises at 3:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.