Just need some ideas

My son is now 6 months old. He has always loved taking a bath, but now for the past few days maybe a week he has hated the bath. He screams the whole time and I have no idea why. So is it just a phase? And does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to try to get him to like his bath again I'm running out of ideas and I'm running out of Tylenol for the headaches I'm getting from having to give him a bath. :)

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm. Get him a new toy maybe? My daughter digs the bath now. Hated it at first, but now loves them. She can't take long ones cuz she gets so comfy she pees in the tub. Maybe just try anything new? Like get those bath paints and paint on the walls before he goes in so he has something to look at. I would imagine he would just try to eat it, so he couldn't use it. I am not sure. Sorry!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Maybe take a bath with him. My daughter loves it. Sometimes, when we sit outside the tub, she gets out of the tub to cuddle for a second and then get back in.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Hmmm...could be lots of things, kids are goofy! :) I bathe with my two-month-old, and he loves it! I just fill up the tub and support his head, his body just floats! My husband washes him while I keep him smiling and above water, it's pretty cute!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Maybe he outgrow they way you are bathing him. If it's an infant tub, maybe try the kitchen sick. If it's the sick, try a tub? make sure the water is nice and warm. He may have gotten a chill last time and now he's afriad? Or maybe some soap in his eyes? You never know what's going to scare them, so just keep trying. Maybe do a bath every other day or eveyr 3 days for a while until he calms down. Besides, little ones don't really need a bath every day. You can always do a quick sponge bath too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My babe went through the same thing for about two weeks she was mortified of the bath. She went back to calm baby though. Give him a toy to hold onto while you bathe him. I think its a phase.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I usually took my kids in the tub with me. I nursed them in there, which made them very comfortable, and they were near me, which also made them comfortable. None of them had a problem with baths, and I think that's a big reason why. They have always been completely at ease in the water.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 12:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I've found that things my baby girl does like this usually pass in a week or so... Sometimes babys are just moody about certain things I guess. Just make sure the water is warm, Try giving a little "massage" with the wash cloth to calm him down.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008