Did your inlaws like your husband's choice in a wife?

My inlaws HATED me and told me that they did not want their son marrying me. Now they claim to LOVE LOVE LOVE. Sometimes the past comes backup but I attempt to pray that back down. But I always wanted to know what their problem really was? Did your inlaws like you?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• No, they dont like me because ia m outspoken and oppinionated(sp). I wont let my husband walk all over me and i yell at him if he is wrong...how dare i treat their baby like that...pshhh how dare your "baby" actualy act like an adult! he's 26 damnit grow the hell up!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They like me and even if they didn't, He does.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My inlaws love me, and my kids! They were a little apprehensive I think because I had been married and came as a package deal with my 3 kids, but their fears were allayed when they met me. His mom and I are both Southern ladies, born and bred - so even if she didn't like me I would never know it! :)

Answer by missanc at 2:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope they dont like me and now they want a dna test done on my son lathan because he was born 7 weeks early and they dont believe that he belongs to their son. Who has 4 other kids out there that he doesnt take care of.
    fallenangel12

Answer by fallenangel12 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I never met my MIL or FIL, they passed away before I had the chance. But my DH is one of 9 kids, two passed before we met, but out of the other 7, I have met 4, including my DH, of them, two of them can't stand me & I can't stand them... The last one thinks I should divorce my DH (his brother mind you) and marry his son (who was my ex's Best friend)... It's complicated, but to put it simply, of the ILs I have met, they would generally like to see us split up...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think they mostly like me.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• they didn't like me because they believe man rules and i believe equal partners but after 10 yr they got use to it and see it woks well
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 2:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I really don't think my husband's parents were interested enough to actually form an opinion at that time, but I never got the feeling that they didn't like me. Luckily his grandparents made it clear that they liked me from the very beginning, and they made me feel very welcome.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• NO- they did not like me in the beginning- They are from Budapest, Hungry & they wanted my husband to marry a Hungarian-LOL! We are actually very close now but, it took years-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If they like you now and you have no problems with them, let by gones be by gones. I still talk to my first mother in law years later. The other was crazy just like her son and no did not like me. Even though she had no reason.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010