Front or Top Loading washing machine?

Which do you prefer?

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I like a top loader so you can add to the wash after it has started. I heard the front loaders have an odor after some time.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Front load. They are more effecient and easier on the clothes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• When my old one quits on me I will get a front. My sil has one and I love it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Front
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• top load, the ones that are like the front load except you still open it on top.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 2:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have a top loader, want a front loader. I heard the front loader save on water. Now if I can get my DH to buy me a set.

Answer by louise2 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• front loader... so amazing. my kids can easily help switch loads on their own w/ the front loader... downfall to front loader, if (for some reason) the seal breaks, its a bigger mess than top loaders. had to deal with that at the begining of the yr.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 2:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Top loaders, because ours are from the 80's and they workk just as if they were brand new. As for the more effeciency and easier on the clothes claim about front loaders... that's exactly what a sales man at Sears told me about the front loader we looked at.
    Everyone I know who has a front loader needs it worked on from time to time.
    The only thing about a front loader that is truly good is that you can put everything in, ( the fabric sftener and detergent and bleach), all at once. Plus it is supposed to be better for you because you aren't bnending over like on a top loader.
    I had a front loader as a single woman and when asked which I would prefer to keep by my DH when we first moved in together, I said the top loader.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Plus the door hinges on a front loader need to be cared for properly, because they will rust with too much water and suds getting on them. And it can take weeks to get the parts in.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The seal is another thing that wears out eventually on the maytags.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010