When does the baby turn for birth?

I have a 3 year old so I don't remember, but my friend is 7-1/2 almost 8 months pregnant and she is worried the baby is still in the breech position.. when do they turn where the head is down?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't remember feeling the baby turn but his head no longer stuck out and I couldn't hold my pee a lot. It seems to me it was about 2 weeks before delivery. It used to hurt like hell every time he moved and I could actually see the outline of him when he did move, but when he turned that stopped. He was a big baby and they had to use forceps and cut me to let his head and shoulders through.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If the baby has not turned yet. It will soon.

Answer by louise2 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was pregnant with my son and he had not turned bry 39 weeks. My doc had me lay down with a pillow under my butt several times a day. It encouraged mr son to turn the last week of my pregnancy.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was 35 weeks pregnant. It is different for everyone.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• When they feel like it. DD 1 turned head down and dropped into the birth canal by 36 weeks, this one is head down and low most of the time at 30 weeks.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sometimes they don't, sometimes they'll turn as late as when labor starts. A friend of mine'a baby was breech, they tried an external version that didn't work, scheduled her c-section for 39 weeks, and the morning she went in for her c-section they did an ultrasound just to check on things and found that baby had flipped, so she went home and gave birth vaginally to her head-first baby 2.5 weeks later.
    Anonymous