How many babies are too many? When is enough, enough?

The Duggars are attempting to have another child. Many people including her dr has stated that it is not advisable that she has more children. That advice from the dr, was given about 3 children ago.
They seems like a delightful family. But how many babies are too many? When is enough, enough?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• 1 is enough for us - I think though IMO, once you become a grandparent.. time to stop having babies.. let your children have them now.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I guess if they believe it is God's decision, then it is his decision if the baby is still born or has a genetic disorder. I hope they are prepared to deal with that. I wonder what they will think of his decision then?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The number they have is nuts!!!! What r they trying to prove.
    Anonymous

• It is up to the individual family. There is no steadfast number.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Three is enough for me. I want to be able to play with my children, not be too old to.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i had 3 and that is enogh for me money is to tight for us now days
    kat116

Answer by kat116 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• when they cannot be self sufficient. What do I care as long as I am not paying for them?

they are a very polite family and very loving.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• if ur referring to the article of yahoo, it actually is tlking about their oldest son having another child not them.

i believe that when it becomes a risk for the mom to even carry to full term anymore, then its time to stop... but seeing as how they dont believe in birthcontrol... idk, i get their point of view, but i also dont agree with it completely
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 2:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think they have enough but its not mine or your choice as long as they care for them who's business is it if they want more
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 2:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't know a magic number, but certainly 19 is way too much. Even if you have the money to take care of all of them....it gets a little out of hand. I would think after 5 or 6 that would be plenty. I just don't get it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010