POTTY TRAINING MY SON adult content

OK HI AGAIN, MY NAME IS BELL AND I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD NAME AYDIN. IVE BEEN POTTY TRAININ MY SON FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOT, AND IVE ACCOMPLICHED THE THE PEEING BUT IM HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THE NUMBER 2. HE WILL CONIFENDLTY GO TO THE BATHROOM AND PEE PEE BUT WILL DOODY IN HIS PANTS. AND IT ALL THE TIME. I PUT HIM ON THE POTTY AND HE WILL TELL ME NO DOODY AND I WILL INSIST AND ITS BECOME AN UNPLEASANT THING. IVE SANG DOODY SONGS AND HOOTED AND HOLLARD WHEN HAS HAD MADE. BUT DOODYING SEEMS TO BE SOMETHING HE DOSENT LIKE DOING. I DONT WANT TO BE UNPLEASANTR THING BUT THATS WHAT IS HAS BECOME. WHAT CAN I DO I AM CONSIDERING PITTING HIM BACK IN PULL UPS. SHOULD I? I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOING BACKWARDS BY DOING SO I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS.

aydin

Asked by aydin at 2:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't put him back in pull-ups. That could tell him it's ok to poop his pants. I would just keep on encouraging him. Some people may not agree with this, but we basically bribed my DD when it came to pooping on the potty. She got a sticker every time she went and after so many stickers, she got a little pool for the back yard. It worked.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The above answer sounds great. My first granddaughter refused to let go of her stool. She said it was part of her and she would actually walk around with her legs crossed. We gave her prune juice lots of prune juice. She couldn't hold it any longer and she really didn't like her silk panties dirty. I think she was closer to 3 because there was a new baby. I think she wanted her normal amount of attention but the baby took some away from her.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• ok sticker things sounds like a good idea
    aydin

Comment by aydin (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I agree. He is old enough that a new toy or treat might be just enough to get him to cooperate.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Before having my son, I was a nanny for 16 years. The children I took care of always had issues with # 2. The others are right your child is too afraid to actually push on the potty. So explain if they go in the potty they will get a piece of candy a sticker or something special they can relate to. The pee pee part is always easy with boys we put cheerios in the potty and little boys love to try hit or miss. Little girls we sat them down with a book to read and when finished got a sticker. reward charts are great for building confidence and feeling great about earning something. Good luck!
    Samoei36

Answer by Samoei36 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• thank you, i will get a reward chart, trying something new. thank u again
    aydin

Comment by aydin (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Go to the store and let him pick out some underwear tht he likes and when he does Poop in them take them away and tell him he can have them back he goes Poop in the potty... Good luck...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 12:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• WELL I DID THE POTTY CHART AND TREAT AND TO MY AMAZEMENT IS HAS BEEM A SUCCESS HE LOOKS FORWARD TO THE POTTY. AND HE INFORMS ME WHEN HE HAS TO USE THE BATHROOM. I ALSO INCREASED HIS DIET SO THE IT INCRESES THE DESIRE TO USE THE BATHROOM. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ADVICE IT HAS HELPED ME ALLOT
    aydin

Comment by aydin (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2010