sleezy halloween costumes?!?!?

My son was just showing me some photos of girls he goes to school with that they put up on myspace from the halloween parties. These girls are 15 maybe 16 at the oldest and are wearing super short overly sexy outfits. They are sticking everything out trying to look as hot as they can. How do these girls parents allow that? And they are hanging around in the pictures with boys and drinking. Is there just no limit at all to these kinds of things anymore? Is that what these girls are learning to sell. No wonder so many have issues of early sexual activity with boys who just use them. It is frustrating to me to see because these are girls who are intelligent, athletic and talented.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Well look at the ads on tv in magazines, on billboards. They're filled with super skinny, sexy, provocative women. Girls learn pretty early that THAT'S what they're supposed to emulate. Plus boys that age are horrible. I remember when I was that age and guys would say "God Marlye where are your boobs?". Girls are considered fat if they're not size 2's. I was a size 5/6 all through school and I got made fun of all the time for being fat. Wanting to be accepted and liked outweighs a lot of things these days. It seems like it's impossible to be liked just because you're a good person or nice.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I was a five, and still am after having two kids, I hardly believe that if you were really a size five peopel would be making fun of your weight. If you have ever been in any store shopping for jeans the ones that sell the most are either the fives or the sevens. That is the normal body size of young girls. As far as the costumes, my question is where are the parents when these girls are getting dressed, or better yet why arent the parents monitoring what pictures go up on the myspace pages. I wouldnt allow it and if I saw it, the page would be erased. There is no reason for 15 year old girls to be wearing a 20 yr old girls costume.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 5:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i was at my dd halloween dance and it is everywhere these girls are 12 to 13 and were wearing some pretty skimpy outfits. i was shocked i called my friend when we got home and told her elementary costumes are so different from middle school i cant wait untill highschool. i would never let my dd walk out of the house like that. she might be mad at me but oh well she will get over it
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 8:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• And they are hanging around in the pictures with boys and drinking.

Are you so sure your son wasn't drinking with them also?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes I am positive my son wasn't drinking with them because he wasn't at the parties and he doesn't drink.
    Anonymous

• parents are not upholding any morals or values now days. maybe their moms dress and drink the way they do. they learn from example and that is why as parents we need to set it. my oldest son and i just had a talk about how his friends date girls cause they put out. he feels that they should date girls cause they like them etc. my son is smarter then most kids out there that are left unrestrained and left to wonder to do whatever. i think since we see what the world has come to that we need to always know our kids friends and know what they are doing at all times. we attend church every sunday and i think with the church behind us supporting us helps our kids stand out beyond the rest. those poor girls just don't get it. the guys are just using them. whats worse is that their mothers probably know this but think it's ok. people are so ignorant.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I meant in high school I was size 5/6. That was considered big. And please don't assume you know what I got made fun of for.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• When I was in school they would have been called sluts by everyone and that would have been a bad thing. I notice this a lot now. The girls get dressed up and the boys just show up. No costume no effort on thier part at all. It is the same for dances. The girls take a lot of time to do hair, nails, shop for dresses and all of that and the boys show up in jeans and an untucked shirt and a baseball hat. The girls make it way to easy for the boys and don't even require anything of them at all. Then they wonder why they are just seen as objects and why boys don't treat them better. The boys don't even have to take them out on a date anymore. Just "hang out"
    Anonymous

• Well to the girl about being a five in highschool .. please thats not fat, if people said that maybe that was something you felt slef conscious about. Ive never heard of such crap. I dont assume to know what you got made fun of, you said thats what you got made fun of.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2008