Does it irritate you when people vote down your answers because they disagree?

I seriously only vote down answers when I think people are trying to be assholes. I don't even answer political questions any more because everyone on the opposite side of the argument votes my opinion down.

IRRITATING!

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Oh, I agree - I can't stand seeing answers downvoted for what is obviously pettiness - like when someone merely says yes or no to a question and you can tell they only got downvoted because of who they are.

I only downvote when someone is being rude, if it is incorrect (like perpetuating misinformation or prejudice) or if they give an answer that is dangerous or irresponsible - one that could put someone or their children in danger.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No!....because everyone is entitled to their own opinion.....That's just life!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The only time I vote down is when they are giving factually wrong/dangerous advice or they are being just mean for the sake of being mean.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It does not really bother me, as everyone is entitled to their own opinions
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope. That's the point of down votes...

Although I did get voted down last night for an answer and I don't understand why, that's bugging me a bit... I said the same thing everyone else did & I got the down votes when they were all voted up... Little confused there... But meh, beyond that, it doesn't bother me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Not really. I never go back and look, I have no idea if I am being voted down.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• lol jambo that made me laugh :)

last night i got voted down and i was a little confused as to why but i think it was because i said something unpopular. usually though i dont bother to go back and look, although i wish they didnt subtract points for getting voted down
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• nope. the 'only vote down bad info' suggestion can't be enforced which is why we don't dinged for it anymore. It's been made clear from the beginning that many people see the vote down as a dislike button and have no intention of doing it the way it was intended. So we either deal or whine. it's really no big to me.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Not really.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I agree 100%!!!
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010