Frustrated mommy!

It seems like my son is ALWAYS crying! He is a fussy, colicky, gassy baby, and I know that he has every right to be cranky, but it just seems like he cries more than smiles, and he's been like that since he's come home from the hospital! He is 9 weeks old, when if ever will it get better, I feel exhausted, sad, and frustrated for the both of us! I was not expecting motherhood to be like this. I just wish he could be a more easy going baby, every day seems like a chore, don't get me wrong, I ADORE him, and love him with all my might but I'm just wanting him to get over this hump for the both of us!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 2:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Please take comfort in knowing you are not alone!!!!!!!! Both my sons were colic. My 1st worst than my 2nd but i'm still in the mist of it with my 2nd. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Its very dissapointing and confusing because you have this picture in your head of what motherhood is going to be like and when they are colic nothing ever goes as planned! Just remember you have endured the worst of it. Colic usually peeks around 6 week, which means you are not longer running up hill. Hang in there and you will be through this in no time. My older son is 4 years old and those days are a distant memory. You will soon have waaaaay more good times than bad and you will not even remember how bad it was. Message me if you'de like to talk, one mother of a colic baby to another haha!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Been there and it does end. We always called it the witching hours. Would begin at 4:30 or 5 and go til 7 or 8. My ped doctor said to make sure he had been fed, clean diaper and then just put him in his bed and let him cry. There was no way to console him and he cried with everything we tried. After I realized that there wasn't anything I could do and that it was okay to let him cry it became bearable. It last for about 3 months and it was done. He now is an active 12 yr old kid. His sisters never where like that at all.
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Also, do you know all the tricks to try? Have you tried switching formulas? Milicon Drops, Gripe water, warm compress on the belly. Try them if you haven't but don't get all hung up on them in most cases its just time that cures it!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You probably have heard this before. Every baby is different. He will not stay this way.

Answer by louise2 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I personally would not let a baby that is brand new to the world cry it out. I think about how it feels to have pains in my stomach and I would chose to console my baby! But whatever works for you.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes, I can confirm also. It does get better. My baby stopped having the crying colics by 3-4 months. So, hang in there.
    And my baby also never smiled. It started way later with her... I remember, it was only in the mornings for a little while, when she had the wake up good mood. :-)
    Suenya

Answer by Suenya at 2:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• All Mom's feel that way every once in a while. Just take a deep breath, and let them cry it out a little bit.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well, my daughter was like that.....around 3 months...she completely changed into this splendid little happy baby...so don't worry...it won't last forever.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010