why is it so difficult for my baby to fall asleep?

she fights and fights and fights the sleep. Sometimes it takes her 2 or 3 hours to fall asleep. I do everything, I swing her, I dance with her, I put her into bed, I sing, I read books. You can tell, she is really tired. She is sometimes that tired that she falls, can't walk straight.
But I have noticed that the longer I wait (thinking she might get more tired if I let her play a little longer) it just gets worst.
And also, the older she gets the worst it gets. Right now she is 14 month old.

Suenya

Asked by Suenya at 2:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe try rearranging her nap schedule or a later bedtime..or maybe even a earlier one if you rearrange the nap times!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 2:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• OMG IM NOT THE ONLY ONE MY SON 18 MONTHS WILL DO NAPS BUT NIGHT NIGHT TIME OH NO HE WONT GO TO SLEEP UNTIL 12 SOMETIMES 1 AM HE WILL CRY IN HIS BED BUT WILL NOT GO TO SLEEP UR NOT THE OLNY ONE GURL
    chanchan522

Answer by chanchan522 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I got so done with the not sleeping at that age that i decided that i would have her CIO and it has worked beautiful for me. she is 20months and goes to sleep on her own half the time. she soemtimes even walks in there with out me saying anything and i just put her in crib and close the light. just consistent. right now our routine is sesame street at 7 with milk and then nite nite. i am a simple person. try to stick with one thing not all those things and just set a specific bed tim every night. if you do let her cry is so difficult. i hated it and i did give in sometimes but now its just standard. good luck...
    oh btw before she slept on her own i would sleep her in my bed and then transition her to her crib. it was a complete pain because she would wake sometimes. good luck though...
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010