30 weeks pregnant and I can barely walk

The pain is horrible and the pressure is even worse, I called my ob/gyn and they said "they weren't sure" that unless I was having contractions that their is no need for me to come in. I don't remember this being pregnant with my son, anyone else go through this and if so what helped you? When I walk it has to be slow or I can't move!

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 1:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Girl I feel you!! When I was pregers with my youngest, my legs just couldn't take it. The only advice I can give is lame but here we go........ Take it easy!!! I will pray for your situation!
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 1:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My sister is a very small size person and she has been having the same problems you describe, she said even her crotch hurts when she walks. Some babies are heavy and large and it probably doesn't help to be a small mama. Take it easy, walk as much as you can handle, but don't feel bad if you can't handle a lot. the body is wise and accommodating, you won't burst. Just take it easy!

Loba

Answer by Loba at 1:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Thanks hun and the advice wasn't lame!!! I try to take it easy but chasing a 15 month old makes it near impossible. Prayers are very acceptable :-)
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I know how you feeeeeeel!!!! *cries* Ever since I hit the 30wks mark I've been unable to walk well or fast.... I feel bad cuz I keep everybody slowed down when we're out and about. Now I just hide in my room and decline all offers to go out...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I am right there with you, I am so at that point - I even have the waddle lol
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• ugg, i understand times 100! i work as a NA (nurse assistant) which requires me to be on my feet pretty much the entire shift. im only 5'3" and i def have to stop walking many times a shift because it feels like hes gonna flop out! And my coworkers thinks its 'cute' that by the end of my shift i waddle like a penguin....Im now 35 weeks, and it keeps getting worse - now i have decided to go on early maternity because of it....but ANYWAYS the best of luck to ya!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I know how you feel i am 29wk and i have the same problem. And like you said i dont remember it with my other 2. My sister said she had it with her daughter and told me i needed to lay down more and put my feet up to take the pressure off. But i cant do that cause of the other two so i just deal with the pain. I went to the dr about it and they told me that they didnt know just like you. I'm so pissed off at them i go back 2morrow and if they dont figure out something i'm going to a different dr. its hard as hell to take care of my 2yr and 10m old like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• *cries*

I feel your paaaaaain! Just going to pee is an adventure for me, I have to pull myself up from the computer chair (I spend most of my day here LOL), waddle to the bathroom, gently sit down on the toilet, pee, pull myself up from the toilet, waddle back into my room, and gently sit back down at the computer. Now lather, rinse, repeat x10 every single day >:(

My doctor told me the exact same thing yours did. "If you're not having contractions, there's nothing we can do." OH REALLY. All of my doctors are men, isn't that funny? So they've never felt the pelvic pain and they've never known what it's like to have a baby's head forcing itself onto their pubic bones! GAAH!

Just keep chanting "Ten more weeeeeeeks" And then keep a countdown on your calender. If you have something to look forward to it won't seem so bad =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2008