ANY ideas on how what I can do to stop the whinning?

My busy 16 month old daughter whines and whines at my feet while I'm trying to get things done (for example: washing dishes or preparing food). I try really hard not to get frustrated and loose my cool. I've tried explaining to her what mommy is doing or step away and try and distract her with a toy. Nothing seems to be working.

NADIANN

Asked by NADIANN at 2:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can u put her down for a nap before dishes and preparing food/
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• well many many things you could consider. Like is she hungry, sleepy, or bored. do you hold her a lot or others hold her a lot? are you constantly doing something during the day? because maybe she sees this as an opportunity to get some attention. not saying that you dont give enough! does she only cry when you try to do something?
    KaisMother

Answer by KaisMother at 2:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• ugh... My son is 3 and it has gotten like 10% better from 16 months til now and believe me, I'll take it..!!!! it used to be ALL DAY LONG I've taken 2 parenting classes and read about 7 books and TRY and WANT to do the right things and at this point, I am thinking its just his personality.. he's very over sensitive and anxiety is pretty apparent.. Hang in there mommy.. some days are less than others.. especially the older they get..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• This one is pretty easy. Tell her that mommies ears are magic and they stop working when she whines. And everytime she whines act like you can't hear her. Worked wonders with my 4. And the older ones got in on the act with the younger ones to help out.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• does she have her own play
    kitchen, and could it fit in your kitchen?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010