Parenting?

What do you think is the ultimate goal of a parent or what do you think it should be? I was raised thinking it was that you are suppose to give your children all of the tools that they will need to succeed in life. Whats your oppinion? please no bashing!! thanks bunches

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 3:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• To guide their children to be self supportive and give them the tools to live a happy healthy life. Parents are here as guides, teachers, to set the example for our children to follow and to support them in a way that allows them to reach their full potential by their own direction as adults...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• the ultimate goal is to to raise my children to be loving, giving compassionate people who WANT to be the best person they could possibly become.
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I am raising him to be self-sufficient, capable adult. I also want him to be able to form his own opinion but respect opposing opinions.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We only have them for a short time. We need to raise them to be capable adults who respect others.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010