Missed period but not pregnant? adult content

My period is over a week late. Now before everyone starts telling me I'm surely pregnant I haven't been sexually active in about two months, I did take three different styles of pregnancy tests and they were all negative just to make sure but the likelyhood was really small to begin with. I had my son six months ago and he is EBF but I have had a period since I delivered him. I'm concerned and I will be going to a doctor soon if nothing happens but until then I'd like any advice I can get.

GigantaursMommy

Asked by GigantaursMommy at 3:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Health

• Your period is going to be extremely unpredictable while breastfeeding. You can get it one month, then not get it for a year, get it again, not get it for 5 months, then full on get it monthly.

If you are BFing, it's not anything to be concerned with. If it's bothering you that much, however, a call to your OBGYN will go a LONG way in easing your worries :)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It can take up to a year for your cycle to regulate back out. Especially since you are breastfeeding. It is common to postpone ovulation from breastfeeding along with missing ovulation cycles.
    Your cycle may also be different in length after having a baby.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Probably you body just adjusting. They can be wacky sometimes!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 3:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• it is either that your body is still adjusting, or having a cyst on your ovary (ies) could mess up your period. It's happened to me a few times, when I thought for sure I should have been pregnant. Cysts are common in us women.
    lilcutiepie2578

Answer by lilcutiepie2578 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• it took a year and a half for my period to go back to normal after i had my daughter...i had it 4 weeks in a row (with like 2 day break in between!) then i'd skip a month or be late.

also, it took weeks after i missed my period for the test to come up positive when i was preg with my daughter. try again in another week, just to be sure!
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 3:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010