Your so lucky!!

I hate when people say this it buggs me...
I'm not lucky my kids are good --I teach them to be
I'm not lucky i have a good marrage--we work on it

Don't get me wrong I know Im blesses w/ health kids and all but its not LUCK thats makes my kids listen or marriage work.
Does it bother you or how do you see it???

raisingmen

Asked by raisingmen at 3:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• To a point....but I will say, yes all children take work, but some kids are naturally more difficult than others. Where common disciplinary techniques do not work...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I do feel lucky. I am lucky. My sister has 2 autistic kids. As hard as she works on things, her life will never be as easy as mine. I feel guilty I'm so lucky.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Do they spell YOU'RE right when they say it?
    Anonymous

• I totally agree with you on this and I think I just said the same thing to my husband. A family acquaintance just told me I am lucky my children turned out good (they have never been in trouble and are all on dean's list in college and also work). I told her it wasn't luck, it was how they were raised and their hard work that got them to where they are. It really bothers me that people think it is just plain luck that gets people to where they are in life. It is called hard work and working together. DH and I are not lucky we are happily married for 24 years, we work at our marriage and compromise with each other all the time.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I agree with you to an extent, about the kids part and the relationship.. But I do feel lucky to have the life I have!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I dont think its luck, I know its a blessing. Religious or not.
    I was blessed with a healthy baby, and I dont mean just major things, I mean no colic, colds, rarely, she eats well and everything, and has been calm. That, I call a blessing, not luck, plus what I have taught her.
    dejamanu

Answer by dejamanu at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I agree. There's no such thing as luck. I've had people say the same thing to me and it's usually people who were too lazy & clueless to put forth any effort whatsoever to create a good marriage, or to plug into parenthood & do the right things to discipline & train their children. Luck has nothing to do with it. It's years of sacrifice & hard work to accomplish good things in your life. I do, however, believe that my husband & I have been richly blessed by God, because of our choices, our hard work & the fact that we put Him first in our lives.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I always say "I'm not lucky..I am BLESSED!" Because I most definitely am. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yeah i would never say i'm lucky cause luck never gave me what i have now... it is all the hard work and the number of blessings i have in it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It does take work to raise great kids. But I know of a few who raised their kids with rules and love and still the child made very poor choices in life. I go with the blessed! I know its been said before but some children are more difficult then others. I have four and could not discipline them all the same.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2010