Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How does child support work if he is in the military and across the U.S??

My DD is 2. He doesn't even know her like that and she doesn't barely recognizes him when she sees him. Don't they do whats in the best interest of the child??? I"m freaking out. I want to do this....but I'm afraid they are going to make her go to him and thats SOOOOO far away.

Answer Question

Asked by Keeely07 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

Level 17 (4,476 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • No they won't make her go to him. They can't do that. They just take cs out of his pay and send it to you. They don't get involved in custody unless there is harm being done to the child then cps takes over not cs.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • normally they keep the child with the mother pretty much no matter what unless you have been proven to be an unfit mother. and I am not sure how child support works with military but i do know that if a military man does not pay when he is on child support he can get into big trouble with his superiors the military does not like dead beat dads. I would call or research where your attorney generals office number and where it is located. It might be named something else where you live but find out and call them and tell them the situation they should be able to help

    Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 3:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

  • Child support will not do anything with the visitation, they only determine how much and how often he will pay child support and let the military know so they can deduct it from his pay. If he wants visitation he will have to take you to court.

    Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.