Does anyone else find this a bit hypocritical?

So I never watched the Duggars... But I kept seeing them brought up on here day after day, so when I found the show on Netflix I figured I would check it out...

Now, there is a lot that this family does that I don't agree with, but I found it a bit hypocritical that they limit TV so much, but they are on a TV show... I know there are lots of parents out there who limit TV or don't allow it - okay, whatever... But when you have your own show... When you wait til you can be on the Today Show to announce your pregnancy... When TV is literally paying your bills - I find it a bit wrong that you would then take such a strong stance against it. I mean, talk about cake and eating it too... "TV's not good enough for my family, but we hope everyone else watches it so we can pays the bills..." Wow... Really?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• i agree
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 3:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You know... I've never seen the show and even if I had I would have found this odd. When John & Kate were still together I watched them and they did the same thing to their kids. Their kids didn't even get to see the show until like over a year into the show I think it was! I was like... WOW!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well, I see a difference b/c the shows that they create are morally good shows....ie: no cursing nudity etc....they limit tv b/c of "bad" shows and with their strict Biblical lifestyle 95% of television is deemed inappropriate for their children.

I dont think its the tv that is bothersome to them, but what is on it.....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My thoughts exactly! Just think if we all did that, they'd have no money! Maybe we need to send that thought to them... do they have a website?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Just think if we all did that, they'd have no money!

Oh they'd have money....they have several seriously nice land investments where companies are paying them for using their land. They had money before the show...not as much of course, but enough...more than me...hahahaha

But yes they have a web site...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They just don't want their kids to see how normal people live & dress. Sorry but they are bizarro.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They limit tv , no wonder why they have so many kids.
    Anonymous

• ILovemyPaulie - AGREE! They are beyond Bizarro!

Which I think is why their breeding rate is so alarming to me... Why do the weird ones always have more kids than normal people? lol!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010