What can happen if you get pregnant 2 months after a partial molar pregnancy?

CNehneva

Asked by CNehneva at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 3 (-4 Credits)
  • The catch is that you need to make sure that the hcg you are detecting actually is from a new pregnancy and not from the previous molar, which can regrow, sometimes in different locations. Did your levels go back down to zero following the molar pregnancy? You will need to see your doctor and have your hcg levels monitored to see if the increase correlates with a new pregnancy or looks more like something else is going on, and I'm sure your doc will want you to to have an u/s early on to identify just what is going on in there. That being said, one of my friends got pg a few months after a molar and had a totally normal and healthy baby- it can work out fine, it's just really important to rule out a recurrence of the original molar pregnancy before assuming a new pregnancy!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my levels were zero both blood tests that they took so far...and i just recently missed my period, really tired & hungry, not even sure if i am even preg, have not taken a test. just kind of nervous, because i'm supposed to wait 6 months! thanks for the info, that is good to hear that it is possible for everything to be ok if i am!
    CNehneva

Comment by CNehneva (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2010