When you are talking about gays, or abortion, etc...hot button issuses....

People say DONT JUDGE DONT JUDGE!!!

But when you bring up the Duggars people slam away?

Just b/c you dont agree with their life, does not make it wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• i think it has to do with us not knowing the duggars personally so we feel free to judge away but when its a bit closer to home thats when we get defensive
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i'm with you, op. a spade's a spade. judgement comes in all areas.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't think anyone has the right to judge others for their decisions but there are some FACTS regarding the Duggars decisions that can't be good any way you look at it. But, it is still their choice and doesn't personally effect anyone else's life so they shouldn't feel the need to bash.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't think terribly of them. That's their life and they can live it how they want to, just like I live my life the way I want to. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I automatically think it's not for everyone else. It's just not for me.

People love to judge and they're going to continue to judge no matter what.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The Duggars have given me the right to talk about them by putting their family life on the spot light. You cannot have your own reality show and expect people not to judge you.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 3:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• the Duggars fascinate me. And they're obviously a very close, tight, happy family. So many of them are 18+ now and don't land in jail, pregnant, on drugs, or distance themselves from their family. I'd say they don't deserve judgment but admiration
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Just as it doesn't make something right just because some agree with it & approve of it...
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I honestly dont know how they can stand all the noise! I have 3 kids & 2 dogs & still want to go screaming out of the house at times! To each his own. I just want to know how they find the time, the energy & the privacy to keep making more babies! lol :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Actually, I try very hard NOT to judge them. I don't agree with the Duggars and their philosophy, but hey, as long as their kids are all healthy, well-adjusted, and happy, who am I to say what they're doing is wrong for THEIR family?
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't care how many children they have as long as they can support them and care for them. They seem to be doing both just fine. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010