i know its bad

but alot of ppl i went to school with are married now and im not i been with my man 6 ys and we have 2 kids. it really upsets me to see all my friends gettin married but im not. should i just be happy for them like a good friend??? but i cant help me girls. me and my bf have been talking about getting married but we dont have the money even for a courthouse wedding rite now

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 3:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Sometimes you can look on the internet for people around you that are ordained minister that will marry you where you want for a cheap price. Our OM only charged us 40 bucks to do it on the beach. We did NOT want a big wedding.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It really is not much you can do about that.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Don't stress yourself honey. Your day will come. Just be happy that ya'll are living a happy life together, regardless of the circumstances surrpunding your relationship. When the time is right, your big day will come :) GL
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If you are wanting to get married because all your friends are, then you're getting married for all the wrong reasons. A marriage license is a piece of paper that says you got married. Woo. It's what's in your heart that matters. You & your bf are together, you have kids and lide is working for you. You can get married when the finances are right and when you are both good and ready. Don't let what your friends are doing intimidate you.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yeah, I'm not married. A lot of my friends are. I've been w/my boyfriend for like 5 years..

To me, a wedding is just a piece of paper. I mean, I know I want one, but at the same time, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.
    :)

You could always look at it like "You're just making sure you're doing the right thing"
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Im in the same kinda boat. I know the one im with is the one and i want to get married. but let time do its thing it will happen sweets :) if you can get a savings account just for your lil wedding. put in as much as you can each week or so even if its 25 cents! lol it will add up. as far as your friends go yes, be happy for them its hard when you want the same things and you see them being all happy and getting what you would like but your time will come and you will want them there or around so dont be bitter.. :) good luck!
    KaisMother

Answer by KaisMother at 3:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You are going to want to have the wedding that you truly want- don't settle on something as cheap as that just to have your relationship "legalized". It's just a piece of paper. You can still share with others that you have been together for so many years and be excited about it. I say, enjoy attending your friends' weddings and slowly work toward your own.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• *life - sorry for the typo
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Just go get rings and wear 'em until you can afford the wedding. Thats what i'd do.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• First of all are YOU happy with the way things are??
    Are you wanting to get married only because your friends are...are you just comparing the status of your
    relationship with theirs?
    Getting married is a wonderful thing if you are really ready and are doing it for the right reasons.
    Also something to keep in mind getting married is easier and cheaper than getting a divorce...which can take years to
    finalize depending on your assets, children and what state you live in.
    So before you rush to the alter ask yourself these things...why am I doing this, what is the quality of our relationship, do I have money to make it on my own if things don't work out?
    Nobody expects their marriage to "not work" but the truth is a lot of them don't, sadly.
    Women need to have a little "nest egg" set aside before they get married (or in a LTR) just in case.
    Be certain of your heart, your reasons and your man...then decide.
    Good Luck!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2010