Does your 3 yo play by themselves???

my ds is in his room playing... which means he is digging through his toy box bringing me toys. he does not want me to play with him he just wants me to tell him how cool the toy is. what does your kid do when they play alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Haha my daughter likes to do that too, but she's only two. She'll go in her room and I swear, bring every single toy out of there into the living room. She'll spread them out on the floor and on the table, make them nice and neat and then put them all away again. I think she just likes admiring them.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My son, he's 5 now, can play for hours. He'll play with the magnets on the fridge. Make them have baseball games or fight each other. He has an incredible imagination.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yeah, my Son plays by Himself sometimes. I hate it but love it at the same time..I love spending time with Him and playing with Him, but it is a bit nice to have a moment to myself to relax or clean a bit.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my 3 year old will entertain himself all day long. I play with him for a few hours a day, my hubby plays with him when he gets off work, he naps around 1-2 hours a day, and the rest of the time he's off entertaining himself
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 3:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my 3 year old is learning to do it.. slowly though - We LOVE to play with him but.. sometimes It'd be nice if he wanted to play alone more ... he even wants me to sit and 'watch him' play..just to make sure I am close.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I love listening to my three year old play by himself! Some of the things he says and does makes me crack up! He likes to build forts, pretend he is a robot, and I just got him some play food and pans so he likes to pretend he is cooking or going on a picnic.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My 3 year old son can play by himself very well. I can hear him talking in different voices and making machine and animal sounds while he plays. He currently turns almost everything into a train. I recently found him pushing 3 boxes of baking soda around the kitchen yelling, "choo-choo, all aboard!" He enjoys himself and doesn't need an audience.

His twin sister doesn't play by herself much. She will participate in imaginary play with her brother, but rarely by herself. She wants to be with someone all the time. When she does play with something she usually brings it to where I am or her dad is and she has to ask us a lot of questions or show us things constantly.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yes my 3yr old plays alone in his room. i love it . he will pull out all his toys and make a big mess and i hear him talkin in there. then he will sit and read. i just love it. he is my last one and the moments couldn't be any more precious. enjoy
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My daughter plays on her own all the time. They have an amazing imagination.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010