how can get rid of head lices?

been fighting them since begining of summer done everything but shaved there heads...HELP

normajuls4

Asked by normajuls4 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• olive oil or oil based conditioner and get those tiny combs and use boiling water as you wet your comb thru the hair. Works like a charm. I have seen this done in Europe.
    Anonymous

• Ouch that sucks. If the shampoo isn't working try baby oil in the hair it smothers them. Also use a very fine tooth comb to get bugs and eggs. Make sure clothes coats blankets sheets and everything are washed same day and vaccuum all carpeted areas. Good luck.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Get a metal lice comb. Wash hair with tea tree oil infused shampoo. Put a lot of conditioner in. Comb through from root to tip. Wipe comb on paper towel. If you see little pepper like dots, those are the eggs. Keep combing until you don't see any more. We went to a specialist and she combed my daughters hair for 5 hours!!! I lice comb her hair now 3 x a week still. We use tea tree oil in our shampoo and conditioner. Look at this website: http://liceoffinc.com
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It is easier to see the nits if you have a bright light like one for a desk the can be clamped to a table. Like it was mentioned above, this does take several hours. Good luck; will keep you in my prayers.
    foxyldy

Answer by foxyldy at 3:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2010