• In the Spotlight:

Husbands and gaming systems

My husband has an xbox 360 that he is on CONSTANTLY, anyone else have this problem and if so what did you do about it because I am about ready to make his xbox 360 do a freaking 360 right out the window!

It is all he cares about when he is not at work. Today he spent 2 hours family time and 6 and a half hours game time - I am frustrated!

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 1:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• My hubby has one too. He's always on halo. What did I do? I bought a pink controller and started playing with him. LOL. I just join in and kick his ASS. If you don't want to do that then get a rubber vagina and tell him to glue it to the Xbox and tell him that's what he gets to fuck if he doesn't cut back. Hee hee.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My s.o. doesn't have a gaming system but he does WOW. Played WOW all day! You should submerge x-box in water; wish I could solve the WOW problem that way.
    knightmoves

Answer by knightmoves at 2:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• lmao both great suggestions ladies submerge in water may be my next tactic,

Mar I already told him next time he wants some he can stick his d*ck in the game console and then tell all of his online buddies to blow him cause that was as close to getting some as he is going to get! I am getting ready to drag his pillow and a blanket out to the living room and tell him to sleep with it tonight
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I say the next time he actually wants some time with you and the family do something that totally excludes him. It may seem mean but I did that to Josh and it broke his heart. Make him see how it feels.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have a way different perspective. I didn't join my husband when he was really into video games. If I wanted time with him, I dressed in something that said, "TAKE ME"....and well, you know the rest. YES, he put the game controller down. LOL
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 3:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Well when you're fugly like me that doesn't always work.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• "If you can't beat em, join em."

My hubby used to play baseball ALL the time on his Xbox. Eventually I decided to beat him at his own game. I practiced for weeks while he was at work. Then one night asked if I could try it with him. I let him explain it all and pretended for the first few games that I was just not getting it. Then I kicked his @$$. I almost felt sorry for him. Poor guy was pretty upset. But it slowed down after that. He'd play when the kids were in bed and I was reading or cleaning. Then Rock Band came out. He loves that one. But he can't play it while he's deployed so I've been practicing for 6 months now lol. Can't wait till he comes home so I can kick his butt at that one too!
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 3:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• well, i am OK with the gaming systems cause....I'm addicted to them too! Look, men need to have their moment to relax, I view it as its better for him to kick back with the gaming system than to be drinking his evenings away or out with friends....good luck
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• like the other poster said, 'if you can't beat him, join him'.......or you can just be a bitch and pull the plug on the game system and/or tv.....
    SKARISKARA

Answer by SKARISKARA at 6:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I bought a tv just for the xbox so I could have my tv back.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 7:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2008