How can i get princess Mia to sleep in her bed???

My daughter never like sleeping in her own bed. When the crib was around she use to climb out and end up in my bed. I would wake up and there she was. That scared me so much with her climbing out, so I got her a toddler bed. Well she goes to bed by 8pm watching dora or her other favorite. Tv can be off and 12am to 1am she is still up and fussing cause I won't let her sleep with me. She would continue all thru the night until I say yes. It gets harder and harder cause she cries like she lost her favorite bunny. It doesn't work with me at all, I have to be at work at 6am. What should I do??

sugarfoot

Asked by sugarfoot at 3:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't ever allow her in your bed. Giving up and letting her just shows her what she needs to do- throw a fuss until you give in. If she gets in your bed, take her by the hand and take her back to her own bed.

Answer by Bmat at 3:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• For starters, I'd stop referring to her as "princess." That moniker denotes a spoiled brat and nobody likes a spoiled brat.

Every time she gets into your bed, get up and put her back in her bed. Do this every single night until she learns. You can also take away toys. Stop playing cartoons for her at night. Stop letting her go to sleep with cartoons playing. This keeps their minds going so fast that they can't get to sleep.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010