my 16 and pregnant curiousity I have.....

lately this new season it seems like the Moms (of the pregnant teen) are kicking their daughters out more. I find this odd, since, they're getting $$$$$ per episode.

If my teen became pregnant, although I would NOT like the public TV embarrassment of it however, the $$$ MTV would provide could allow a nanny or au pair therefore permitting my child to concentrate on finishing highschool, which so many of the girls seem to be seriously struggling with.

So basically if u have to have a pregnant teenager, isn't it better to get some money for it, rather than struggle, suffer, or kick her out?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• how is them allowing them to video tape there daughter and there struggles being a bad parents? Its a learning lesson on what happend when you have a baby at a young age i think that its a great show.... my own mom is addicted to it... Girls think that oh it would be easy to be a mom i dont way my parents are having a hard time and then they get prego and realize how hard it is to be a young mom and everything that you have to give up... I dont think they are bad parents at all!!!! JMO but you can bash on me all you want but thats what i think
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• People who let MTV tape thier pregnant teenage daughters and exploit thier struggles for profit are bad parents.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would never turn my back on my children. Parenting is a struggle, and when a child needs you the most, you dont walk away. But to exploit them and air your personal business for all the world to see, is just not right. Not even for money. Family business staying personal and keeping your pride/dignity is priceless.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My mother "kicked" me out and it was the best thing she could of done for me. She helped me secure an apartment but only because I asked. I have never gotten anything handed to me by my parents since I became pregnant. I can proudly say I own two cars, TVs, PS3s...blah blah all on my own, 7 years after being a pregnant teen (twice).
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I've never watched the show so I wouldnt want to help their ratings. I've never been able to watch more than a few minutes of those shows. The kids made their beds and are laying IN it now with a kid to raise and support. Think of all the parents whom kick the kids out of the house for that every day and are homeless & aborting babies or giving them up cause the parents would not help them? Or the kids run away.

What ever money they get must not be much and may not get it til after the shows season, as it seems strange to let them suffer now. But for a parent to kick a child out pregnant or with a child is crazy. That mother needs to be there for her daughter to help her through that emotional ride she is on....not deter her. Where are THEIR husbands thru that? How did THEY make it, divorced with kids? SHOW THE DAUGHTER!
    Anonymous

• To kick your pregnanct daughter out of the house seems to me a bit cruel. Mothers should try their hardest in standing by their daughters side and being there for support b/c often times the daddy of the baby chooses to not stick around.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• maybe the moms are ticked because they aren't getting the cash their pregnant daughters are...I know if I were having MTV come over and film my home life and getting paid my mom would have booted me out to when i was a pregnant teen...hell she had the baby's dad move in because he said he would pay her $200 a month....even though i objected
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2010